We at WKT are overwhelmed with the devotion and appreciation of our devotees. We normally receive different types of offerings including donation, groceries, fruits, flowers, Sarees, Dhotis etc. We thank all for the generous donations.
There have been specific requests to the Saree / Dhoti on specific days. Given the overwhelming and frequent requests, the temple management has decided to enforce the following Guidelines.
- The temple will buy Sarees/Dhotis for the main occasions that include
- New Year Day (English as well as Bengali)
- Foundation Day
- Saraswati Puja
- Lakshmi Puja
- Ganesh Chaturthi
- Kartik Puja
- Poornima /Satyanarayan
- Puja Mahalaya
- Durga Puja main days (All days from Panchami to Dashami)
- Kali Puja
- Jagadhatri Puja
- Effective Jan 1, 2022; Sarees/Dhotis will be put on near the Deity feet if the saree request is made on any of the above days.
- If the request is made to put on a Saree/Dhoti on special personal occasions like birthday, marriage anniversary etc. and if it falls outside the main events listed in Point No. 1 above, then the temple management will try to accommodate such requests but does not guarantee that such requests will be honored. There are sometimes events that are in conflict or one day after another. The temple management to its best will try to make sure that the Saree / Dhoti is kept at the feet of the Deity requested if its not possible to put it on a particular Deity.
- Statement for Tax purpose: Please allow 2 weeks for receiving your donation statement if you need for your tax filing. Requests can be made starting Jan 6th.
We request cooperation from all patrons/management/devotees. No exemption of any sort. Thanks to all devotees and patrons for their continued support to Washington Kali Temple.WKT Management